Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Bodyshop progress. Tail end cut out.

Trunk floor was rusted badly. Was thinking the gas tank might just drop out one day. Tail light panel looked bent and had previous body work. Infact the trunk lock was bondo'd in. Lower quarters are starting to rust also. I didnt see no lime gold i think its just my camera.

It looks like you mad the right choice for a body shop. I know it looks scary now but, they're doing a nice clean job.

Can't wait to see it painted!

Finally got a break in the weather over here, painted the engine compartment today. Plasti-kote semi gloss black. I did a test after someone (please forgive me I forgot his name) on this site recommended Plasti-kote vs rustoleum. And I might add it came out awesome! Now my favorite part, putting brand new clean parts in!

Ill take some pic's soon.

mdla

Yeh although the bodyshop itself is new, the guy has been doing this for awhile now. It's a one man shop suprisingly. Although he does have a helper from time to time. And i've seen the other cars he has worked on, very good quality work. And he wants the car to be top notch, very excited about the project. Another plus.

Car wont be painted for another month or so. I still have to get the car back next week after the work is completed and pull engine/tranny. Clean and paint the engine compartment like you did. Then rewire the car with an EZ-Wiring hot rod kit. Yeh lets see those pics!

Mufflerbearing are you refering to the body work? I really cant say as im sure it vary's from place to place. But im getting the body work and paint job for $3500 total.

Do take into account i live in one of the lowest average income states :D Figures from other people i have heard in other states have been around 5 grand. Just depends on where you live i guess.