Sign in to follow this  
pa69mach1

Partial underdash wiring harness

About to replace 55 year old main harness with new. Got dash apart to find a portion of a seperate harness that haven't dug into yet (2 red, a white and looks to be violet with red stripe wires with white plastic  "clip" type connector- not like any others) hiding behind gauge cluster,  I know it eventually makes out into engine compartment directly through hole in firewall above the gauge feed and wiper motor cluster, Sticker part #C9ZB-94840F. Before digging much deeper, anyone have any ideas what it is purpose is. Other side has a white, yellow and larger green feeding 3 ea separate pin connectors in engine compartment that go nowhere but looks very butchered so not sure mid section is original.

69 mach 1 non tach, no a/c.

I stand corrected after taking photos. Going blind as well as color blind.....probably shouldn't be taking on this project but pig headed to make all correct. Harness in question is C9ZB 9A840F, not 94840F. I hope these pictures help identify. The green out of mystery harness is tied to auxillary out of fuse box and blue is tied to 2 blue underneath/ near column what seems to be a "wad" of rubber that looks original. Just throwing this out there.... possible this is all replaced in late 70's from a donor couger as I found wiper motor/ pigtail sporting couger colors from what I saw on WCC site as OEM from a couger. Last picture what seems to be other end coming into engine bay through plug above engine feed, wiper and NSS. 

C9ZB 9A840F (1).jpg

C9ZB 9A840F (2).jpg

Engine bay through firewall (1).jpg

If it is a speed control harness, you might try West Coast Classic Cougar. The Cougar is an optioned-out Mustang, but I think I would go aftermarket on that option and get something new. Electronics don't last much over 20 years.

Thanks Mach 1 Driver. It isn't going to anything in engine compartment side so have to dig into below column inside where it looks to go. I purchased all new harness's from AMP out of upstate NY which has nothing related/ going to speed control. Honestly don't even know what the Speed control harness would go to or even do in this year car?