kblagron

Quarter Panel Drip Rail

As I continue to install my quarter windows on my 70, I found the two quarter window drip rails were loose and didn't get painted with the car.  Are these typically painted?  I found a photo on here showing where they are installed and are painted, but it looks like they be covered by the boomerang trim molding.  (I am still waiting on those so can't verify if they do cover it).  

The two channels I have:

423667657_QuarterWindowChannel.thumb.jpg.8431f21e810a7cd2cb6f9bd363ad37ce.jpg

Here is the example I am using as a "go-by".

1909430692_QuarterWindowChannelInstalled-Example.jpg.f049d73b04e12fecd79aad869cc97fae.jpg

Thanks!  I finally got the boomerang trim and saw how they are exposed.  I have painted them already, but haven't installed, just test fit with screws.  Plan on going with screws, they seem quite secure that way, plus with the sealer, I think they will be fine.  I will have to figure out how I want to handle the final paint on it once installed, and may leave that one for the body shop who is going to do one final touchup and buff for me.

Thanks again for the replies!

Blake