Sign in to follow this  
v8ford70

Fiberglass Package Tray fitment '70 Coupe advise needed

I purchased last year from CJ Pony a Fiberglass Package Tray PT12.I tried to fit it today & it wont fit.The rear curved section seems to be to high & front section sits out past metal edge of tray. Has anyone fitted one of these fiberglass Package Trays in a Coupe? Do they require cutting to fit? Does the back section when fitted fit inside the rear window rubber seal or does it just butt up against bottom of rubber seal? Any photos of how it fits would be a great help.Cheers Phil

Yeah not sure if it is the same one, but I bought the fiberglass tray from CJP and the rear deck insulation.  I had to trim it with a drimmel to get it to fit.  Here was my question thread from 2 winters ago.  I think I trimmed 2 sides and the lip that goes under the window glass.  It was not even close to fitting when I got it.  But now that it is in I'm decently happy with it.  I also painted it to match the interior.  I used some paper from a roll dispenser to make a template to get the right size and then cut small slivers off and tested fitted over and over until I got it good-enough.  I ended up with small gaps where the roof and back of the car meet but you have to climb in there and look specifically at those corners to see them and then it is < 1/8 inch.  Good Luck.

MN69Grande I did buy the same one that you bought. Does the back lip of yours fit inside the rear window rubber seal or does it just butt up against the bottom of the rubber seal? Any photos of how yours fits would be a great help to me.Looks like a simple 5 minute job is going to take me a whole day to do.Which seems pretty normal with everything I seem to do.Cheers Phil

Yeah it was more than 5 min unfortunately but I also drilled 250 holes to make built in speaker grills.  I did have to cut the lip down a little but it eventually did fit under with the help of a couple skinny flat screw drivers.  I'll take some photo's tomorrow and post them.

Thank you very much MN69Grande for the photos & all your help.You have done an excellent job in fitting it,these photos will help me a lot, I hope that I can make mine turn out looking as good as yours.It looks great.Well done.Regards Phil