A50shobx

65 coil spring on a 69

That's what I have on a '70.  using 65-66 "620" springs which are 560 lb uncut, 3/4' poly spacer with roller perches

Like the stance and it rides great, can take speed bumps at like 10 mph no problem.  I wish the rear would absorb as good as the front

Soaks up wash board roads

Don't understand why this combo is not more popular, I discovered it in a Mustang plus catalog a couple of years ago.

Lot of people say "620" springs are harsh, they usually cut coils to get the right stance.  They ride great if you don't cut them

Larry

post-38071-0-84384200-1488330647.jpg

post-38071-0-61403700-1488331111.jpg

No, the "620" springs are a stiffer than stock.

They're called "620" because the wire size of the spring is 0.620", they are rated at 560 lb.  They also lower 1" and by using the 65-66 spring which is 1" shorter than the 67-70 spring you get 2" lower stance.

They're other springs for a 65-66, GT and I guess standard.  I can only answer for the springs I used and are very happy with the outcome.

I took a gamble with this setup and usually stuff like this doesn't work out.  The only problem I had was originally used a 1/4" poly spacer and the spring would become loose when on a lift or jacked with the wheel hanging.

That I couldn't put up with every time you lift it you have to make sure the spring is seated (this no ricer).  By switching to a 3/4" poly spacer it was just right that spring stayed put

Larry