Sign in to follow this  
silver_jade_bench

69 coupe shoulder seat belts needed

I have a 69 coupe with deluxe black interior (with a rare bench seat), and for some reason the shoulder belts are missing, but the strap holders/clips are still on the headliner just above the side windows.  

The belts are long gone, so does anyone have idea on how I might find NOS or good condition original shoulder belts (black)?   

And if the originals are too hard to find, anyone have a parts company that sells good reproduction Mustang parts?   I do need to order a complete set of new rubbers as it's going into the paint booth in Feb. 

- Ps: no rush to buy repos, because I'm restoring the car (for my older brother who doesn't even know the project is underway) and I have some time to "do it right" - hoping to get it all finished by his birthday (Oct 2017). 

Best, Glenn   

The belts you are looking for pop up from time to time on Ebay. You may find them there or maybe even in the parts for sale forum section. The shoulder belts seem to be the hardest ones to find. Over time a lot of them must have been taken out since they always seemed to be in the way.

Welcome to 69stang, the place for help with your restoration.