LiLMike

Found a New Motor

You are correct Barnett, the heads are Dart Iron eagle cast heads. Got the thumbs up for the Howards cam. He said I could go up to a 620 lift.

ok, then if he says so it should be fine but if he remembers that, i wonder why he cant remember wha cam he put in there.

i also posted to different howards cams but both have less than 620 lift but.

I think I'll go with the Howards p/n 220525-10. You sold me Barnett...LOL I like the reviews and write ups on it also. Should I put in new lifters? Just seems like I shouldn't use the old lifters on a new cam.

xlnt choice...i hope, lol.

yes you "can" run old/used roller lifters on a new or used roller cam PROVIDING the parts are in mint condition . . if your cam has not been run long and good oil was used, it is quite likely that you can use your existing lfters on the new cam . . Just inspect the roller surface very carefully, and a magnifyling glass would be a good idea.

Another option is to buy new lifters and sell your cam with the lifters on evilbay . . if you list it on evilbay, i would advertise it and the lifters for half of what summit racing sells them for . . i would also take a video of the tail pipes at idle and rev it up some too so people can hear how it sounds etc.

xlnt choice...i hope, lol.

yes you "can" run old/used roller lifters on a new or used roller cam PROVIDING the parts are in mint condition . . if your cam has not been run long and good oil was used, it is quite likely that you can use your existing lfters on the new cam . . Just inspect the roller surface very carefully, and a magnifyling glass would be a good idea.

Another option is to buy new lifters and sell your cam with the lifters on evilbay . . if you list it on evilbay, i would advertise it and the lifters for half of what summit racing sells them for . . i would also take a video of the tail pipes at idle and rev it up some too so people can hear how it sounds etc.

Great idea....I think I'll do just that. Guess I'll check into the recommended intakes now.

xlnt . . if you want to rev the thing at the expense of a little power below around 3,000 rpm, i would definitely go with an open plenum intake like a victor or the dart.

all of these intakes will work well now that you have decided to dump the girly 3.23 gears and go with something a bit more manly.

the vic sr II might be a little too tall . . if you run the vic junior, i would send it to joe sherman to get it ported.

it would real help to know exactly which dart iron heads they were to know the port size first because you dont want intake manifold ports that are bigger than the ports on your heads.

All great advice here, especially Barnett. I think with keeping things simple and the cost down, I'll do as Mikestang suggested and just replace the intake and carb. With this motor what torque converter and gears should I be looking at?