Sign in to follow this  
69me

dash lights

hey everyone, I had some complications with my speedometer, thought it was the cable, not the case, found the problem, put the dash back together, and the dash lights stopped working. found a loose ground, replaced the printed circuit board, and now half the lights work. ive checked all bulbs with multimeter and all appear to be good. I made sure each light socket is making good contact.i made sure the wire harness is connected fully. I cleaned the terminals on harness and spread the out a little and no change. does the constant voltage regulator have anything to do with this? its the top half that is not working

CVR has no relationship with the dash lamps, only with the function of oil, pressure, and temperature gauges.  I was about to ask if you have a tach dash, as those dashes have two separate dash lamp wire systems, but when you said only the top not working, that threw that out. I suspect you have a circuit board trace that is broken going along the top side.  Remove the dash cluster and examine the circuit board carefully, tracing where the blue/red wire begins at the connector trace.  Follow that trace until you don't have any more bulbs working: just before that first bulb is probably where your problem is.