RPM

Advice From Navy Guys Please

I'm going to be in Annapolis, MD next week to see my buddy's son Bryce graduate from the Naval Academy. I think we'll mainly be golfing. Because the graduate is/was on the Navy golf team, we're going to get in as many rounds of golf at the U.S. Naval Academy Golf Course as we can.

Have any of you Vets been there, or heard of what should be seen? I'd like a seasoned adult's view of what to check out. The golf coach told Bryce to be sure and golf on Tuesday, as the Blue Angels will be practicing for the graduation over the golf course then.

So, ANYTHING you have done or seen, or been told about which is cool, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks, Bob.

I've lived in the area for years.  Downtown Annapolis is worth the walk.  Good food and beer.  Stop by Middleton's and sit where George Washington sat.  The Naval Chapel is cool.  John Paul Jones is buried in the basement.  The Naval academy golf course is OK.  Some hokie holes but runs through some nice areas / houses.

The Blue Angels will be flying for several days practicing.  If you want to really see them well you have to get on the Naval Station (not academy).  The Station is across the Severn River from the Academy - also where the golf course is.  Go down by the water where the park is.  There's a nice beach you can hang out on and watch the planes.

Thanks Coz. This is an absolutely beautiful area with the water, trees and architecture. The chapel and entire academy is stunning. Downtown is very cool. Nobody wanted to fight the traffic, so we watched the Blue Angles from the house.

post-5441-0-84763200-1432225191.jpg