Sign in to follow this  
Restomod

Marti report curiosity question

I just got an elite report for my 70 and I had a question for those of you who have a report.  Doesn't need to be an elite necessarily but it pertains to the radio.  Do you have anyplace listed on the regular report of what radio your car came with?

My car came with a deluxe report from the previous owner and I never noticed it had nothing listed for a radio at all in either section. I know sometimes the list of accessories it based on what they actually reported year to year and maybe the radio was just standard by then.  I never thought anything of it until the Elite came today and in the breakdown it is listed as a no radio car.  Not saying anything about rare it just makes it one of the 1 of 1 cars based on some funky options.  I know it doesn't mean much and I laugh when people claim those at auctions.

So rather than try and search through forums at Marti reports was just curious what others have listed or not listed for radios.  Does anyone else have no radio listed in the regular report and it is listed as a radio delete on the elite portion?

My deluxe report shows am radio.

Interesting, but your report is kind of what I mean with glancing over the options. By that I mean I never thought anything of it that it had no radio listed there. I say that because I too have a Fmx tranny listed in the "door data plate information" section but it is not listed in the section like your picture as an option? Seems there are inconsistencies with what gets listed in the "equipped with" section I guess is what I am saying. Doesn't bother because there are a lot of options, and who the hell knows about ford's record keeping back then.

Mine shows an AM Radio too - though it now has a period 8 track

Cool thanks, mine has a period correct radio as well which means even more that it never occurred to me it was a no radio car. Someone went to the trouble of finding one and installing it.

I don't have the top of the line Marti report yet, I have the first and the middle, but I can't find them right now.  Marti won't let me upgrade without proof of the others.  I would think that they would have that information.  Anyway I ordered my car with the AM radio and it did not show up on the Marti report .  It was dealer installed not factory.