texas_snake

1969 / 1970 Mustang Stock Gauge Ammeter to Voltmeter Conversion Demo Video

Interesting, thanks.

It would have been more interesting to see the wiring on the back, and the kit and parts you used to install it.

I think this is something most of us would do if it is not too difficult. It makes me wary to fiddle with amps and volts in the instrument cluster, as I don't want a heat or fire source due to some error on my part.

Did you use a 'kit' from a vendor, or make it from scratch?

So I can't take any credit for the solution, I got this from Bob at rcci  (part option M6970V).   I sent him my gauge and he put the new internals in.  Very happy with his work and he is good at answering email questions.  

Regarding how I set it up, I decided not to show a "how to" as with an aftermarket circuit board like I have, it was very tricky to do the wiring (no space under the circuit board to run new wires which is required, can't use your circuit board connections).   Had to use lots of electrical tape and be very careful so it would last over the years.  So since this was not the cleanest installation project (at least not in my experience), I didn't think it would be best to show or go into detail.  So I would say this is for those who are comfortable hacking at an electrical setup with some of their own creativity.   Other models, years, or console setups may not require the tricks I had to apply.