Sign in to follow this  
CobraMan

Under Dash Electrical Questions

I'm no electrical expert and what Electrical Diagrams I've located has not clearly defined what these wires do and/or connect to. Any input is appreciated.

Additionally, I want to toot MidLife's horn. Anyone interested in wire harness's should contact him first.

Edited by CobraMan

Thanks Midlife. I overlooked that email.

Where/how do the "Connectors" for the door jam connect? I.e the one near the fuse block (3 wire-Black,Red, White), and the two wire connector near the top of the wire loom near the steering column ( 2 pin connector but appears to have 3 wires where two blacks go into one pin and the other appears to be white).

The three wire door jamb connector fits into the door jamb switch, which fits inside the door jamb (duh!). It exits the main harness near where the fuse box and headlight switch are. The wire colors are green/yellow, blue/black, and red.

I think what you are describing for the other connectors are black, grey, and red/yellow wires and the other is grey and black. I believe these are emission-related connectors and can generally be left alone without problem. These are only found on 1970's. One connector is red plastic and the other is whitish/clear plastic.