Sign in to follow this  
Bossed

4r70w

It's a big block 460, Kaase P51's. The front suspension was initially ordered for a Coyote swap, but after sitting the 5.0 into place, it was evident the 4R70W would require tunnel modification, which he didn't want. He already had a 460/4R70W in a Fox body, so he decided to put the Coyote in the Fox, and put the 460 in the 70. The motor mounts will be changed for the big block.

Well, I have an FE with an adaptor plate for my AOD and it fits..... barely. I had to spot face the two top bell housing bolt holes and remove about 1/4" of material to gain some room. Having done than I have about 3/16" clearance between the top bell housing bolts and the firewall.

I would image you will be facing a very similar issue. As the 4R70W is a later version of the AOD. Both share a lot of common parts. In fact, I have some 4R70W parts INSIDE my AOD to allow me to install a few extra clutches in several of the clutch packs.

B.

Well, I have an FE with an adaptor plate for my AOD and it fits..... barely. I had to spot face the two top bell housing bolt holes and remove about 1/4" of material to gain some room. Having done than I have about 3/16" clearance between the top bell housing bolts and the firewall.

I would image you will be facing a very similar issue. As the 4R70W is a later version of the AOD. Both share a lot of common parts. In fact, I have some 4R70W parts INSIDE my AOD to allow me to install a few extra clutches in several of the clutch packs.

B.

Thanks B, I appreciate you taking the time to share.

Bossed