Sign in to follow this  
pw520a

door weatherstrip inslall

I installed door weatherstrip channels and new weatherstrips on my 69 mach 1. when I roll the window all the way up into the weatherstrip there is a quarter inch gap between the quarter window and the door glass weather strip only at the top. it overlaps fine, it is like the weatherstrip is to thick and is pushing the door glass out from the body, the weatherstrip looks good and installed perfecty, I have tried all door adjustments. there is no gap until the last inch where it goes into the top edge of the weatherstrip.:helpsmilie:

I installed door weatherstrip channels and new weatherstrips on my 69 mach 1. when I roll the window all the way up into the weatherstrip there is a quarter inch gap between the quarter window and the door glass weather strip only at the top. it overlaps fine, it is like the weatherstrip is to thick and is pushing the door glass out from the body, the weatherstrip looks good and installed perfecty, I have tried all door adjustments. there is no gap until the last inch where it goes into the top edge of the weatherstrip.:helpsmilie:

Problem solved, there was a slight bend in the sheetmetal by the front of the quarter window where the bottom of the window molding was hitting causing the top to push out. it was bent right where the small screw holds the very end of the weatherstrip in the door jamb

Problem solved, there was a slight bend in the sheetmetal by the front of the quarter window where the bottom of the window molding was hitting causing the top to push out. it was bent right where the small screw holds the very end of the weatherstrip in the door jamb