Sign in to follow this  
mach1mike

FMX trans shift link stud

does anyone know where to find the piece that the trans shift link to shifter arm stud/bolt can be found, am not sure of the correct terminology for the piece but am unable to find it in any of the part catalogs to purchase a new one, is for an auto FMX

my bad, am referring to the attach hardware that bolts the trans shifter linkage/rod (the piece between the trans shift lever and shifter arm) to the trans shifter in the transmission tunnel under the car, I have the linkage and shifter but no way to attach the 2 together to make it operate and can't seem to find the part in any of the catalogs, the catalogs show the replacement bushing kits but not the bolt/stud that attaches it all together, thankyou for the replies, am hoping someone can point me in the right direction

With FMX transmissions, if you want new parts, you can buy a soft parts overhaul hit, a shift kit, and a torque converter. After that, everything is used. It took me 6 months to find a simple pan on ebay.

There are a ton of these in salvage yards, and you may find some in a tranny shop that keeps a lot of cores around, ie: non-corporate.

the trans has already been rebuilt, am just looking for the shifter linkage bolt/stud (the one that has the square notch in the stud) that attaches the link to the shifter arm, is illustrated in the picture RPM sent with the bottom of the shifter with linkage still attached