Sign in to follow this  
Zipppo

Standard Tach Dash vs Deluxe Tach Dash

No clue, but would be cool to find out. Maybe Marti can help.

My guess is that just about all standard interior cars with a tach are boss models. I would also guess the majority of Boss cars had a tach.

I would guess that most deluxe tach cars are Mach cars, and given the number of Machs I have looked at, maybe 25% have a tach.

My 1970 boss has the décor group and no tach. Tach was a pretty rare option on all mustangs. I think in the bosses, people racing them did not trust factory tachs. Mine used to have a giant tach on hood but last owner took it off when he started to get the car ready for resto. Easier to see than the tach in dash.

My car here now has the standard tach dash set up in it. I got it from a guy that was doing a resto mod on a real 70 Boss 302. I tried talking him out of doing that but he is hell bent on his path. Such a waste of a G code but what can you do? I bought the motor, seats, fold down seat, door panels etc as he gutted the car and is starting fresh with all sorts of new after market stuff. So with this newly acquired stuff I will start on my next project. My own mix of a street toy. A 70 sports roof I have on my property that I will now build into a old school style Hot Rod with some goodies in it. I need a bigger garage sheesh....