Sign in to follow this  
Wirsima

69 Convertible center boot molding - where to buy?

Help!! I am missing the center boot molding (between the hockey stick moldings) on a 69 mustang convertible. Can anyone confirm if this is one or two pieces and chrome or stainless? Finally, the big question, where can I find this piece new or used?

To answer your question, it is 2 pieces (one that slides into the other) and it is stainless. If you need a picture I can take one of mine if you want in the next day or so. Mine are originals in perfect condition with no dents just a few very minor scratches that will buff out. As to where to get one that is another issue as are not reproduced yet like the hockey sticks are. There was a guy on ebay that had quite a few of them that he had refurbished and was selling but it was on an exchange basis so you would have to have one to send him as a core. I have not seen any of them in a while so I guess he sold them all or stopped doing it. Besides that keep watching ebay and you can check mustang salvage yards but convertible specific parts are hard to find.