Sign in to follow this  
Zipppo

WTB 1970 Mustang complete rim blow steering wheel

Yes, I think the difference in the two are the 70 has a locking hub with notches that provide a means for the locking steering wheel. As you mentioned the diameter of the column is different as well. Cosmetically the cross-sectional shape of the 69 is different than the 70. All that aside, I think a 70 could be used on the 69, but not vice versa...at least if you wanted a locking steering wheel.

Edited by miketyler

I have heard both good and bad things about Rim Blow Buddy.

Yes the 70 is a completely different wheel. At first glance the two look the same. However they are different the 69 wheel will not work on a 70. The 70-73 will interchange I have been told.

Rimblow buddy did mine ~ 2 yrs ago. My understanding is the resto guy retired around then so they had a personnel change. I was happy with the coverage of the brown on my rimblow, they took it back a made it near perfect. I would use them again. Its in my pictures at the link below.

I have a black 1970 wheel with no cracks in the rim, a few on the backside. Needs resto, $100. Also have a nice black center pad with new insets (super expensive!!) and nice original foam / vinyl. $125. Can send photos, prices plus shipping from 28202 which would probably be only ~$15.

I have a black 1970 wheel with no cracks in the rim, a few on the backside. Needs resto, $100. Also have a nice black center pad with new insets (super expensive!!) and nice original foam / vinyl. $125. Can send photos, prices plus shipping from 28202 which would probably be only ~$15.

Yes please do. I am interested in both. You can pm me the pictures and we can work out the details in payment and shipping.

Thank you,