Sign in to follow this  
70fastbak

Made some more progress !

Got some stuff done this weekend.

Yesterday I spent some time mocking up, seeing how things fit and making adjustments.

Today I did some welding and priming, day is still young just taking a break.

IMG_20140718_103805469_zps45df37f8.jpg

Edited by 70fastbak

Looks great! Lot's of deep-dive work you have going there for sure!

Out of curiosity, did you find new replacement inner kick panels (where the fresh air vents come thru, or did you refurb your original panels?

I did find new dynacorn panels.

I guess they became available now.

I could have repaired my old panels but I was changing out the section that the hinges bolt to so it just seemed like more sense while the a pillars were out to change the air vent panel also.

With the new firewall and cowl I know that its all brand new and it will outlast me now.

I'm a firm believer that if your going to do something do it right the first time.

Obviously its easier for me because I'm doing a restomod so original panels with stamps on them are not taken into consideration.

Which will make my car about 80% new, lol.

Edited by 70fastbak

If anybody is looking for some decent sections of around the air vent then you can have mine for the price of shipping.

Surprisingly mine weren't that bad, my problem was the flange at the top that meets the cowl.

It would save somebody a little time rather than having to make those awkward sections.

I did find new dynacorn panels.

I guess they became available now.

I could have repaired my old panels but I was changing out the section that the hinges bolt to so it just seemed like more sense while the a pillars were out to change the air vent panel also.

With the new firewall and cowl I know that its all brand new and it will outlast me now.

I'm a firm believer that if your going to do something do it right the first time.

Obviously its easier for me because I'm doing a restomod so original panels with stamps on them are not taken into consideration.

Which will make my car about 80% new, lol.

Interesting and very good news! Who did you do business with in getting these panels? I have yet to see any of the big suppliers advertise these panels in a catalog. Thanks!

Interesting and very good news! Who did you do business with in getting these panels? I have yet to see any of the big suppliers advertise these panels in a catalog. Thanks!

Dynacorn makes it and I found them in the Golden Leaf Auto '14 catalog

on page 40 - prt # 3625NWT

I use two suppliers.

One is restoration performance center and the other is cj pony parts.

Both of these guys have these in stock.

Restoration performance center seems to be the cheapest but cj has free shipping.

Restoration performance center has a good deal on truck freight items, they will ship 4 oversize items for $140 to a business.