Sign in to follow this  
Wycked69

New Dynacorn Door Shells

Recently as part of my brothers restoration, we installed New Dynacorn door shells. The lines were not bad (will still need pushed a little) but the gaps themselves needed work. Being the perfectionist my brother is, we spent quite a few Saturdays doing the door gaps so that they really look nice and have that "paint stick" gap.

A question has now come up that I seem to recall reading somewhere on hear sometime back that there is a hole or something (not sure what) on the inner door shell panel that will need to be reworked for the "70 windows and regulators he will be installing. I know the door handle screw are sometimes off but these actually were fine

Am I imagining this or is there in fact some modification we will need to consider. Would like to do this before we get to primer.

I replaced both doors with dynacorn shells and all in all they did OK. it seems you have to do work on the shells or the skins either one so I guess there is not a lot of difference. I also changed to 70 bolt in windows and regulators. A lot of guys had trouble aligning windows because they seem to hit at the top of the weather strip long before they were close enough to hit the striker so the door would not latch. I had this trouble also when pre fitting everything but found out that it was a combination of the doors not aligned properly

and also the window guide rails had to be bent a little on mine . This condition before correcting caused me to have to adjust the window out to far at the top which caused the regulator arm to hit the spring mount bracket. I don't know if this is the problem you were reading about are not but it is a typical problem a lot of people did have with the conversion. The 69 regulators has an offset that the 70 regulator arm does not have but in my case I still had to bend the arm a little to get it to clear I searched ever where for a solution but never found one so ended up just bending enough to clear.

Dave

Edited by det0326

Yes I did have that problem too but wasn't off but a little and was able to grind a little on the inner structure and door handle mechanize  and managed to get it in there and workable. Also the hole through the door shell to access the mounting screw didn't line up, had to open it up a bit.

Dave