Sign in to follow this  
THE EVIL TW1N

Heads up on intake bolts

It may have been posted in the past. Just throwing it out there that I bought the Summit brand stainless steel intake manifold bolts for my engine. The bolts are 5/16"-18 2". Anyways, long story short, they ended up stripping a couple threads since they weren't really long enough to torque down. I went to Lowe's and bought some 2.5" bolts, problem solved. Maybe with my specific setup (Vic Jr intake), I needed longer than normal bolts. Or maybe even the stock one's are 2.5", I'm not sure, I didn't do the research.

Some of the Summit branded parts are just crap made in China, you really have to be careful with them. I remember getting 3 or 4 Holley dual feed lines and the flares were awful and unusable. I finally picked a name brand and problem solved.

I found it really odd that they would choose such a poor quality supplier in an area where a fuel leak could have large liabilities.

Thanks for the heads up! Maybe a "heads up" thread is in order. We could post all the miss advertised or parts with crappy misleading discriptions.

Edited by beecj0