Sign in to follow this  
69RavenConv

American Graffiti moment

For those of you familiar with American Graffiti (and who isn't?), you know there's a recurring plot element in the movie that involves a mysterious hot blonde (played by Suzanne Sommers) cruising past the main characters in a nice T-Bird.

Well, I'm fortunate to live on a pretty sweet 2-lane country road that borders the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. There's a couple of popular watering holes nearby and a great country ice cream stand as well. Needless to say, it's a very popular cruise for motorcycles and collector cars of all types. Whenever I cut my grass on the weekend, I always see some great cars cruising by.

So today, I'm on the lawntractor and I see this gorgeous 1970 Mach 1 - royal maroon with black stripes - approaching, and as I check it out, I notice a gorgeous blonde, all alone, driving the stang. Made me think of that great movie.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

Edited by 69RavenConv

Nice story, 34 years ago, I was stationed at Robbins AFB in Georgia and a pretty girl appeared on base driving a grabber green '70 Mach 1, we met a few days later and got married. Still call the gal my wife and the Mach is still in the garage......