Sign in to follow this  
55Mach1

Ignition cylinder lock keeps pulling out of my steering column

I have a 70 tilt column and replaced the cylinder two years ago with a repop from NPD. I recently rebuilt the tilt mechanism again and had the worst time ever trying to remove the cylinder. I inserted the pin and turned with the key but it was always jammed. All of a sudden the past few days when i pull my key out the cylinder wants to come with it. I havent the slightest idea why or if this can be fixed or if something is broken or missing in the recess in my steering column. All i have are these two springs which the cylinder slides into to engage.

Any suggestions and should I try to find an NOS cylinder set with keys? What exactly keeps the cylinder locked in place?

Looks like my cylinder is defctive or broken because mine does not have that tiny pin it looks to be missimg or broken off somehow this is why the cylinder isnt locking into place. Time to order a new one

Is this pin fixed to the cylinder or its a tiny pin that could actually fall out? I dont have my original any longer to compare