Sign in to follow this  
95venom

custom center consoles?

I know some of you have them! Post them up please and where you got it from, if you built it or if you had someone build it for you. I am looking to do something with mine now.. I have a 2005 gt console in it now but I never finished fitting it and I am not really liking it.

I built my console for my '71 Torino. I chose to go with a curved design rather than the standard squared off type console that angles upward toward the dash.

Built it out of 1/2" MDF, routered the edges, used black marine vinyl, and the wife did the gray accent stitching using corrosion resistant upholstery thread.

Two over sized cup holders that will hold any size drink, iPod docking area, two Autometer gauges, and used European style cabinet hinges for the lid so that way the lids stays open by itself without having to hold it open like you would with a piano hinge.

This was my first attempt at building one. Was a fun project, and the cool thing is I'm the only one that has one like it.

Very nice Big Secz. I went on Fleabay and bought an original one that was beat pretty bad for just less that $100 shipped. I plan on hitting up some craft stores and for about $50, get some materials to re-purpose it and make it my own and yet look original.

I will post some pics up of it when I am done with it.