Sign in to follow this  
fvike

Inner fender brace

I asked US Car tool if they could make a inner fender brace like the one they make for '70-'74 Plymouth Barracudas. I have a friend with that brace on his 'Cuda, and it looks real good. A similar brace was found on the Boss 429.

43462_Engine_Web.jpg

One of their staff replied to me that they would, and if I was nearby I could drop by (for measurements I guess). Aaaand I'm not! So, is there anyone near Durham, NC who could do that? I guess the fender would have to come off. I think this could be a good piece to have on our cars. The shock tower can use all the support it can get. Also check out their strut rod braces; I'm gonna get me a pair of those.

I wish I still worked at the other shop...well not really but I could have gotten measurements.

I used to fabricate boss 429 shock towers, replicate originals and the owner sold them on ebay for $3500 a pair.

I also used to make the boss 9 coil covers and we got a company to manufacture the brace you are talking about.

That place was a joke, cowboy owner that short cutted everything.

So happy I moved on to a real shop that actually takes pride in their work rather than just seeing $$$$$$$.

Are you wanting measurements of the area, or wanting to fab -up something similar? I like the idea with the formed sheet metal except for the lightning holes. Looks like they could catch a bunch of sand and gravel since the wheel well is pretty much open on our cars. I am about a hour and a half south of you, might be able to come up with something. My car is in pieces, and I am working in that area right now.

Yes your fenders would have to come off to do much of anything in this area.