Sign in to follow this  
Thunderscrash

T5 crossmember

I'm doing the t5 swap into my auto 69 fastback and I'm wondering which crossmember you guys are using. There is a set of long tubes on my car right now and I'm going with a hydraulic linkage if that makes a difference. The cheapest one I've found is from neperformancemustang.com (check the link below). Does anyone have any experience with this crossmember with headers? An I better off buying one of te ones listed on cj's? I'm looking for a quality part that I won't need to replace so I'll pay a little extra if I have to.

http://www.neperformancemustang.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=65&products_id=74&osCsid=eddkajjdd27gbbmv7insicrsi4

Check out moderndriveline.com as well. Bruce carries all the correct components for that swap.

I'm gathering the pieces for a TKO 600 swap into my 69 fastback and he has it all.

Great fellow to talk to too...very helpful.

John

Yea I'm aware if modern driveline. I've never spoken to anyone there so maybe I'm missing something but I believe their crossmember is almost 150 and this one is only 80. Not sure if there is a difference but if not I'm on a bit of a budget. I don't mind spending extra money on something that is superior but if the one for $80 does the trick that saves me some money for the other things I need which means I can get the car back on the road that much sooner :)