Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

Crazy clock panel auction end?

OK, I know nice clock panels can get a little pricey but $500 shipped for a painted panel? Man, I think I 'll give up on finding a vacuum plater and just start selling painted panels. I mean the Di Noc looks good and over all the pics look OK but.....its PAINTED!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-69-1970-70-Mustang-Mach-1-Deluxe-Interior-Woodgrain-Clock-Panel-Nice-NR-/321372866916

That's crazy. I restored my own clock panel by replacing the wood grain vinyl and repainting the panel itself. I used a chrome color spray paint for the chrome part. It is far from perfect but better than paying $300-$500.

I don't understand though--I thought they were reproducing those panels now. I saw them being sold at the columbus swap meet by a vendor but can't find them online now. If I recall correctly they were just a bit over $100. Can anybody else find them online?

As the seller of the item, I must say I was equally shocked. At least the money went to a good cause, the build of my 1970. The high bidder is in Norway. I've actually had emails from people who didn't win the auction asking me to install the di-noc on theirs or sell them this one if the buyer backs out.

As the seller of the item, I must say I was equally shocked. At least the money went to a good cause, the build of my 1970. The high bidder is in Norway. I've actually had emails from people who didn't win the auction asking me to install the di-noc on theirs or sell them this one if the buyer backs out.

Well done on securing a very good price.

Living in England we do hear that the guys form Scandinavia to pay top dollar for prices, but even this shocked me. Seems like it must be really difficult to get stuff over there, simple case of supply v demand

Chris