Sign in to follow this  
Brian Conway

69 Rim Blow

My rim blow switch has stopped working so I opened up the steering wheel to see what's going on. I have 12v power everywhere except the face of the copper strip at bottom left. Eight possible test locations and seven are good and one not. By tightening the switch connection screws the horns toot continuously. So the power and the horns are working. No continuity in the copper strip indicates replacement ? I can understand most of how it works but the top two screws are a mystery ? Any of you guys find a schematic for this assembly ? The shop manual only says to replace the whole thing and that's not much help. Brian

Wish I could help. The 69 look to be a different beast than the 70 with push on terminals. When activated, the rim blow is simply a switch connecting those two terminals. On the 69 that switch is supplying + to the horns I would assume so power to one side as you describe is probably correct. The fact that you can cinch down one of the screws and get activation doesn't sound right.

I posted up a question on the rim blow construction. I have a 70 wheel to restore that came with what must be a repo switch but it makes contact all the time. I would like to fix it but seems these are not fixable.

Edited by miketyler