Sign in to follow this  
dpuwookie79

Front power disc kit question

I'm having some trouble discerning differences in kits. For example, I've been looking at these two:

http://www.kentuckymustang.com/product_p/6523.htm

and

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ssbc-front-disc-brake-conversion-kit-power-automatic-1967-1969/p/A1211-V/

There's a pretty huge difference in price. From what I can tell they both accomplish the same end task, but one is a name brand kit. The video on the one from Kentucky Mustang says that those brakes are 4 piston, just as the SSBC kit. Also, both appear to use the spindles from my standard drum brakes. I've been digging through past posts on tech forum, but still having trouble discerning what's what. Which of the above do you guys recommend? Are there better choices out there? Just looking to make my driver a bit safer!

Thanks!

From what I could discern, there is no real difference other than the make. I'm sure the SSBC from CJP is more expensive as they (SSBC) spend a lot of money advertising and marketing their product. The one from Kentucky mustang could be from MP Brakes, Right stuff kit, etc.

Bottom line, they both seem to provide you with exactly what you need. I have never been disappointed with any of my dealings with Kentucky mustang

The ssbc is generally premo but at a premo cost. The calipers are Likly new from ssbc but that dosent mean the other is bad.

I have seen kits for about $400 on eBay that don't include the power booster and pedal so if you can get a used pedal and a power booster locally and save money then great. I think you can get a new great stuff compact power booster for $129, I just bought a willwood MC for $191 but you can get a rebuild local for cheap.

Lots of options

Bob