Sign in to follow this  
Rsanter

Billet master cylinder

69 mustang conv

Factory power booster

Factory frond disc

Mustang SVO rear disc

I have been running this system with the factory master cyl modified to remove the residual valve from the rear.

I want to convert to using a billet master cylinder.

What are you guys using for this? What's the good swap?

What's the easy swap?....etc

Bob

I used the WIL-260-12900-BLK, but I was converting from power to manual brakes, because my 545 isn't going to make enough vacuum for the power brakes. I emailed them with my application and what I wanted to do and they sent me the part number to use. It worked perfectly.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-260-12900-bk/overview/

I think I remember reading somewhere that they made a direct replacement for the power master cylinder as well.

They responded to my email within 24 hours too!

fordguy69, did you have to make up a spacer or plate to convert to manual brake master cylinder from the power brake unit. I am considering removing the power brakes from my 69 Mach. also what type of front brakes are you running and what type of pads? Thanks

Had to make a sheet metal plate to fit behind the master just to cover up the enlarged hole that is there for the power brakes. The master fits right in the location that a manual factory master would be, same holes that are already there. You must use a manual brake pedal though, the pivot point for the master push rod is vastly different. The pedal ratio is way higher for the manual pedal. The power pedal would not have enough leverage for the manual master.

Check out this site to describe all the differences in the pedals.

http://www.mustangsteve.com/fyi_brakepedals/msFAQbrakepedals.html

I currently just have stock style front discs with ceramic pads, nothing exotic.

Edited by fordguy69
clarify info.

That sounds good, I currently have factory front disc/rear drum and will be retaining them. My 427 windsor with a .600 lift cam doesn't make allot of vacuum. I was looking at the Willwood master that you are running and that just made my decision much easier. I do have a pedal assembly for and automatic that I can cut the pedal down to fit the manual that I am currently running. Thanks for the info, it is a big help.

That sounds good, I currently have factory front disc/rear drum and will be retaining them. My 427 windsor with a .600 lift cam doesn't make allot of vacuum. I was looking at the Willwood master that you are running and that just made my decision much easier. I do have a pedal assembly for and automatic that I can cut the pedal down to fit the manual that I am currently running. Thanks for the info, it is a big help.

I have a manual brake pedal for auto and one for manual tranny and I would trade either one for a power brake pedal. It is rusty and would have to be bead blasted and painted.

Dave

Edited by det0326