Sign in to follow this  
Raven R code

Deluxe interior CLOCK cluster - chrome

I have bought several of them now and they don't say Scott Drake anywhere. They have all been in Dynacorn boxes and you can buy them online from many dealers. It doesn't surprise me that Scott Drake has added it to their catalog, its a decent reproduction part and from what I can tell, no one else is making it.

I got a quote from one place on that list and they wanted $175 for chrome only for a clock panel. It will depend on price point and quality but the Scott Drake product may be an attractive alternative to going the "plate and detail" route.

Edited by miketyler
added pic for illustration

I can snap a few pics, nothing really remarkable and the vendor pics posted by dealers are pretty representative of the product. I think one comment was made here previous that the bezels didnt align up perfectly to match up to the woodgrain bezel. Most people probably wont notice this.

dii_dash_instrument_gauge_bezel.jpg

dii_dash_instrument_gauge_bezel.jpg

Now that I'm back home I looked at the 3 spare instrument bezels I've got in my basement.

In this pic you can really see the reflections in the chrome rings where the "argent paint" should be applied ... never noticed this before. Kind of blows my mind that they did not feel the need to do this final step to finish it off completely. If Scott Drake were the manufacturer (rather than Dynacorn), I think this would not have been overlooked.

I'm not all that thrilled that I'm going to have to mask off a brand new part and attempt to duplicate the factory argent painting. Give me a large open surface to paint and I do fine ... small circular rings such as this is more fine "artist work" with an air brush ... that definitely is NOT me nor do I have or ever used an air brush.

Also studied my 3 spare clock bezels, and noticed there is no argent paint detail so hopefully SD's repro is ready to install.

Doug

Edited by stangs-R-me

That would be great for the 70 guys out there and yes the clock panel is simply chrome and black detail so should be ready to mount. I did get an email today from a plater that I may send some work to. We still need to discuss pricing but not knowing how far out Drake is on his clock panel, for now plate-and-detail is the only game out there.