Sign in to follow this  
55Mach1

Fastback rear window molding clips, how many do i need and which ones?

The glass guy who put my back window in reused the old clips and one side molding keeps popping loose. Ome clip came off tonight and i want to buy all new clips before i make arrangments for the glass guy to come to my home to fix this.

Attached is one of the clips that came off.

Who sells the best ones and how many will i need?

Just counted the studs on mine, 26 clips required. I am going to guess the originals are just bent from being installed & removed. Possibly could be tweaked back into shape.

AMK typically has good quality but you will need minimum 30 dollar order. NPD sells AMK & you may avoid the minimum order. Another option would be to find a local autobody supply or a local body shop & they will have a bulk bin you could search for a match.

http://www.amkproducts.com/Catalog_PDF/151-164.pdf

C5ZB-6542480, C6AB-6242413

C7AB-6242413, D1AB-6542413

I found a set n ebay from a guy who restores these cars and he says that his are the best ones. Lts see

Rich i saw those videos the guy who did my back window did not do things right he didnt use the urethane like you show and my window leaks. I need to call someone else now to fix this and when i do i will replace all the clips

I cant see how these clips attach and anchor onto the rear upper fastback molding , id like to see what is engaged on the molding via the clip because something is def off here, two of my clips came off and now the molding is sticking out. I tried my to fix it but it was not working at all

Such a pita getting things done right around my way.

Reinstalling a clip after the glass is installed is a PAIN, but can be done. I get a chuckle when some of these so called professionals on these forums, are constantly telling people to seal between the glass and gasket with bedding compound. No one in the glass business would ever do it that way.

Reinstalling a clip after the glass is installed is a PAIN, but can be done. I get a chuckle when some of these so called professionals on these forums, are constantly telling people to seal between the glass and gasket with bedding compound. No one in the glass business would ever do it that way.

Rich this is exactly what the glass guy used, 3M bedding/glazing compound and i questioned him and he said this is how it was done originally.

when he had to remove my old back window it took about 4 hours because whomever put that window in way back urethaned everything including the stainless trim it was a nightmare of a job not scratching the car with the amount of glue that had to get chewed out.

it is very hard to find guys who can work on old cars in my area of NY which makes simple things as a glass install a hassle