Sign in to follow this  
BinaryBo

1969 Coupe with High Back Buckets

Does anyone have, or are familiar with the 1969 coupe with the "High Back Bucket Seats" option? I am trying to confirm what the seat pattern looks like. I am assuming they are similar to the Mach 1 bucket seats up front with a matching pattern in the back seat. (Trim code 4A, 4D, 6A, 6D or 6W)

I haven't been able to find any pictures.

Thanks,

Bo

Depends

Do you have delux interrior car or a grande

Bob

High backs were not available in the 1969 Grande'.

Since there was only ONE upholstery pattern for the High Back Seats in 1969 ... Mach 1 style with "color-keyed stripe" on the front seat backs (instead of the Mach 1 red stripe) which was std. on Shelby & Boss 429 ... it was the same upholstery whether you had std. or deluxe interior.

YES ... upholstery on the 1969 LO-BACK Seats varied depending on interior but NOT the High-Backs.

Doug

Well, I found the answer to my question, and the next question..."can you get seat covers?"

Thanks stangs-R-me!

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showpost.php?p=125757&postcount=11

Bo

No problem, glad my post was helpfull.

If you have not already seen them, here are pics of the HIGH-BACK interior in my Coupe ...

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/stangs-R-me-Deluxe-GT-Hardtop?page=3

Doug

Depends

Do you have delux interrior car or a grande

Bob

Neither...but I want to convert my car to have the Interior Décor Group and High Back Bucket seats options, in White (trim code would have been DW).

You could also get the High Back Bucket seats with standard interior too, but only in black and red (trim codes 4A and 4D)

stangs-R-me is correct in that all high backs were the same pattern in 1969.

Bo

No problem, glad my post was helpfull.

If you have not already seen them, here are pics of the HIGH-BACK interior in my Coupe ...

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/stangs-R-me-Deluxe-GT-Hardtop?page=3

Doug

I saw that, I like it! I'm picking up my high back seat frames this weekend. I have the seat covers on order.

I am fixing this car up for my wife. She used to have a red 1970 coupe with white interior...then later a red 1969 coupe...then later a red 1969 Mach 1. She likes the looks of the 1969 coupe, but she wanted to have the high back white seats too...and would be happy if they were like her Mach 1 seats...

My OCD wont let me just put 1970 seats in her 1969...so I've been tracking down all the parts to give it the stock appearance of the DW trim code. Now she will be happy and I wont be fidgety at the car show.

Thanks again for the info. I don't think I would have found those TMI seat covers without your post.

Bo

I've seen the White High Back interior in a few (non Shelby) '69 Convertibles over the years and in one very original looking Coupe on e-bay.

Never noticed in my Illustrated Facts Book that the White Hi-Backs were only available with Int. Décor Group. Also never noticed that white upholstery on the std. lo-back seat follows this same rule ... learn something new every day !!

So what color is your Coupe ... or what color do you plan on ?? Sticking with RED like her previous 3 or going with something different ??

I always thought the white hi-backs look good with Winter or Acapulco Blue. My brother had a Winter Blue '69 Conv. we were going to do a white deluxe int. décor group hi-back interior to, but he never got that far !! There was an Acapulco Blue hi-back 390 conv. running around my town when I was a kid that I always drooled over and that was the look we were going for but sticking with his orig. Winter Blue color.

Doug

So what color is your Coupe ... or what color do you plan on ?? Sticking with RED like her previous 3 or going with something different ??

It will be RED for sure. Fortunately the previous owner did it for me :). I just can't figure out what red he used and he couldn't remember. He just pointed to something in the chip book 6 years ago. I have to paint one of the mirrors, so I will have to have it matched.

The original color was Black Jade with Ivy Gold interior.

According to "Mustang by the Numbers" by Kevin Marti, they only made 149 coupes with white high backs. I just found a back seat for one of them. I'm going to recover it for this car. (I know any back seat would work, but this adds a coolness factor, imho) I asked the owner where the rest of the car was but he said it was long gone...too bad.

Bo

Edited by BinaryBo
added descriptor