Sign in to follow this  
RobotMan

Paint Colors

Does anyone know of a reference that indicates the colors and finish (i.e. flat, satin, semi'gloss, etc.) of various parts around the car. Working on my son's restoration and are ready to start painting a few pieces we have sandblasted under the dash area, under the hood, etc. Was not sure if should prime and paint black flat or semi-gloss. Also, would all be nice to know a reference number for good quality rattle can paint (maybe Krylon) or something and primer. Again not doing a full blown restoration, buy a middle ground one for my son's first car. Thanks in advance for the input.

Try getting a hold of Tony Branda at www.cobranda.com

Drew Alcazar formerly of Concours Restorations (http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/1305_1969_ford_mustang_trans_am/) and now the CEO of Russo and Steele here www.russoandsteele.com/index.php/about-us

or Bob Perkins here www.perkinsrestoration.com. These guys have been around for a long time and have extensive knowledge with regards to all aspects of Mustangs. They are also a good resource for many new N.O.S. and good used parts.

Anyway I hope that helps.

Edited by Zipppo