Sign in to follow this  
Zipppo

1969 Mach 1 silver jade

I agree 100%. Once I get my front Magnums and BF Goodrich 235/60/15 mounted I will lower the front and rear of the car saving all of the original springs etc to return to stock at some point. So with that in my view the cars also need to be lowered from the stock ride height. With the clean lines and wider wheels and tires these cars really awesome from the back.

Once I get some time I shall install the front disc brakes (factory set-up), rear aftermarket old school lovers that do not require any holes to be drilled in the sheet metal and the sportdeck seat and call it a day.

I might play around with a couple of other sets of wheels and tires as well but that is about it. Simple mods and nothing that can not easily be removed and returned to stock.

It has been awhile since I have posted anything with regards to my car. I have been just waiting and saving some money to move forward on my upgrades.

To date I have sourced:

front disc brakes

sport deck rear seat assembly

front spoiler( Installed)

intermittent wipers

after market rear window louvers (Old School) no drilling required!

shaker assembly from CJ Pony parts and a aftermarket flat hood and template for cutting shaker hole

shaker ring for hood metal one.

metal shaker top and adaptor for CJ pony fiberglass unit.

Once I save a little money I will tackle the front disc swap new hoses etc...

If anyone has a 69 or 70 Mustang with 15x7 or 15x8 up front with 235 or 245 60 15's I would apprecite pictures. I will drop the front 2 inches and want as much tire under the front withour rubbing. Rolling the fenders I am okay with.

Thanks for ny help in advance.

wow that car looks like a great find! My car was also Silver Jade, non mach car, orig 302 2bbl, 4 speed car. now its a 5.0 roller motor with original 4 speed and almost perfect deluxe black interior..I'm hoping to bring it back to Silver Jade and add the mach 1 detail.

Also, maybe you guys can help me on this topic.

i'm sure that the original paint used in 69 was just a single stage paint (prob acrylic laquer or enamel?) My car was recently sprayed in viper blue with clear before I got it and it has some imperfections..

My question is, what do you guys think about just shooting these cars in single stage now? I think it still looks great and would be great cost savings for a driver...

I am also looking for a 69 hood, with or without hood scoop hole, and a few pieces of trim that go behind the fold down seat

Joe 856-685-3490

OK- I see I'm out-numbered, but when I bought my Mustang in '86, the first purchases I made were front and rear spoilers and window slats. All that black against the green just sets the car off nicely. I know this much-- on a hot sunny summer day-- those rear window slats can keep the cabin temps down a bit. When I go to shows I'm pretty much the only Silver Jade (OK-- Shamrock Green) Mustang there. Plenty of red, blue, and maroon 'Stangs, but green-- not so much. The coupe will be Winter Blue though. Gotta change things up a bit. Zippo- nice car.