Sign in to follow this  
first69

transition pan, shock mount

can this be installed as one piece? do you have to have at least one rear frame out to install it

That's about the only thing in my 69 that I didn't replace. As I remember

though it would be a bear to replace the trunk transition because it is welded to the rear floor pan, trunk divider panel, inner wheel housings,

trunk floor pans, both rear frame rails. With all these spot welds broken loose and one frame rail removed it might come out the bottom. Not sure if it will clear the rear end housing or not if not it would have to come out.

To take it out the top I think the trunk divider would have to come out.

It might could be worked out from under the trunk divider without removing it but probably not ,or at least that would be my luck.

Not sure which would be easiest but can assure you the hardest part is breaking loose the spot welds without damaging other panels. Good luck on your repair and I wish I could say it is a piece of cake to remove and replace but my experience on the sheet metal panels its a PITA. I'm assuming that you have all other panels in place and not going to replace them. Like if the rear floor pan is out or trunk floor pans out things like that then the job becomes much less difficult.

Dave