Sign in to follow this  
jgkurz

What's your favorite restoration book

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased my first Mustang (1969 Mach1) and need to buy some decent restoration guides. I browsed Amazon and there are plenty to chose from. Most books seem focused on earlier stangs and have little relevance to the 69/70 era cars.

Do any of you have a recommendation on a restoration guide that is good for the 69 Mustang?

Thank you,

John

I would recommend the following Assembly manuals for BODY, ELECTRICAL, AND CHASSIS as well as the 1970 Assembly manual WELD AND SEALANT

I have the Assembly manuals on order but I did not see the Weld and Sealant manual for the 69. Did you recommend the 70 Weld and Sealant because the 69 is not available?

Most restoration guides are actually authenticity guides. The one Juit mentioned is actually more of a how to do it guide. It is the only thing current, and the only thing in color. Full disclosure, I work for the publisher and the reason we published this is because I felt there was a hole in the market.

http://www.amazon.com/Restore-Your-Mustang-2-1973-Restoration/dp/1932494960/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385936903&sr=1-1&keywords=how+to+restore+your+mustang

Most restoration guides are actually authenticity guides. The one Juit mentioned is actually more of a how to do it guide. It is the only thing current, and the only thing in color. Full disclosure, I work for the publisher and the reason we published this is because I felt there was a hole in the market.

http://www.amazon.com/Restore-Your-Mustang-2-1973-Restoration/dp/1932494960/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385936903&sr=1-1&keywords=how+to+restore+your+mustang

Thanks. I will order that one also. :thumbup: