Sign in to follow this  
Chris'69Mach

Plastic rear interior panels

I was wondering if anyone has ever wrapped the backseat plastic interior pieces with some sort of vinyl and the steps/suggestions on how it was done.

Those pieces seem to show every little scratch and ding. I have thought about taking the car to a local upolstery shop and they quoted me to do the entire interior for $3,500.00. That is a little salty for me at the moment.

If I had an idea how to do something like this myself, I would sure as heck give it a shot.

I only did my rear parcel shelf -- the black cardboard was a bit water stained, so I got some 3M interior upholstery spray glue and glued on some black vinyl that I picked up from a fabric store. It worked fantastic.

I'm not sure I'd try it on all the curvy plastic bits of the interior though.

I have the same issues with the rear seat side panels. I did have my package tray covered in vinyl when I had the headliner redone. Came out looking very nice and easy to clean and maintane.

I only did my rear parcel shelf -- the black cardboard was a bit water stained, so I got some 3M interior upholstery spray glue and glued on some black vinyl that I picked up from a fabric store. It worked fantastic.

I'm not sure I'd try it on all the curvy plastic bits of the interior though.

Yeah I am not worried about the flat surfaces and believe doing those would be fairly easy. I am wondering how I would do this on the curved pieces like the ones right under the 1/4 windows.

Anyone?