Sign in to follow this  
Zipppo

Wheels

For a wheel expert. I am looking at a set of aluminum slots Mags. 15x8 fronts and 15x10 rear. The fronts are from the back of the rim to the back plate where it meets the drum. fronts are approx. 3 inches and the backs are 3 1/2 inches. date on the rims is 1974 and they where on my 1972 mach 1.

I plan on running these on a 1969 Mustang sportsroof with a 235/60 in front and a 275/60 on the rear. The question is will these tuck under the car? It is lowered and I do not want to get into rubbing issues.

Thanks in dvance for the help.

No, I seriously doubt they will tuck under your car. I run a 15x8 rim with 275/60/15 tires in the rear. The only way I could get those to fit is by rolling the rear fender lips. And even then it's a fairly tight fit. My guess is the the back space on those slots is going to cause them to stick out too far. On the fronts, you'll probably have issues with the tire rubbing on either the upper ball joint, or rubbing on the fender lip due to the offset of the wheels.