Sign in to follow this  
MustangRanch

Stainless Steel and Copper Alloy 3/16 line

I have about 20 feet of Stainless Steel and about 20 feet of Copper Alloy 3\16 brake line for sale. 50 bucks buys all 40 feet. I'll be putting it on ebay in about a week if nobody here wants it first.

Copper alloy stuff is pretty soft and can easily be bent and flared with handheld tools.

I wasn't able to flare the stainless with my hand tools. They just can't apply the force required. After much googling, I came to my own conclusion that I need some serious (expensive) tools to flare stainless.

Edited by MustangRanch

I have a ridgid flaring tool that will flare stainless but it doesnt do double flares. I used it to build my own stainless fuel lines, worked great. I purchased pre bent stainless brake lines and trans lines for my car from classic tubing. I figured after the price to buy a different tool, the savings wasnt good enough to do it myself.

I did the same and made my own fuel lines but bought s/s brake and trans fluid kits. I did have to alter the rear brake lines when I went to discs. I was able to flare them conventionally and they have worked fine. I had surprisingly few leaks but I have read plenty of other cases where they did and swore off stainless lines.

Good luck with sale on the tubing.