Sign in to follow this  
Guest redlordamazon

Size Questions Torq Thrust VN309 and Tires

Guest redlordamazon

Hello, I am looking for some help regarding wheel and tire sizes for a 69 Mach 1. I am looking to replicate the look of a friends car from way back when. His car had original 15 inch American Racing torq thrust wheels from the 60's or early 70's the tires where FR60 -15's on the front and GR60-15's on the rear. I believe his car had wider wheels on the back than the front I just do not know the width of the wheels that his car had. I also know that his fenders where rolled. I know that the tire size converts to 235-60-15 on the front and the rears would be 245-60-15. The American Racing VN309 wheel of today comes in 15x7 which I believe will be good for the front with a 235-60-15 tire. I am somewhat lost on the rear wheels as the VN309 comes in 15x8.5. I am wondering if it is to large of a wheel for the rear, and how a 245-60-15 tire will fit the rear on this wheel.

So I would like to try and run 15x7's with 235-60-15's on the front but would like to run the 245-60-15's on the rear, but I am at a lost for the rear wheel size 15x7 or 15x8.5

My other option would be 15x7's with 235-60-15's on the front and back.

I have looked at the dodgestang chart. I also know that the Vn309 only sones with a 3.75 backspace on the 15x7 and a 4.5 backspace on the 15x8.5. They are not offered in a 15x8.

If anybody here running 15 inch vintage torq thrust on their car or could offer some advice pictures or input it would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks

Edited by redlordamazon

On my 70 mach 1 I'm running 15x7 AR Torq thrust 2 with a 235 BFG In front

And 15x8 with a 295 BFG out back. Finder lips rolled. I hade 8.5 for the back But with the crazy offset they come in they were too wide with the 295.

Edited by 970fizz