Sign in to follow this  
kenbrackins

Radiator advice needed for Big Block

I had trouble with a Champion aluminum radiator and asked a question below a few days ago. Apparently after researching it I found many people have had issues with the CC379 for the big block on a '69 not fitting due to lower water neck location. Who can recommend a good combo unit with the shroud and electric fans that will install without too many headaches? Be Cool has one but they are proud of it at $1169 + shipping! Any help with someone that has actually bought and installed one will be greatly appreciated. (tired of hunting on the web) Thank you very much.

I can tell you the Griffin will not fit, it is 1/2 thicker than the original. It may work with an electric fan, but the fan would have to be very shallow and probably would not move the air you need. I have the US Radiator and it fits.

The griffin radiator bolts right in and the maradyne dual fan assembly fits perfectly. At 2760 CFM, my setup should cool anything. The maradyne MM22KS should bolt right on any 24" drop in replacement radiator for 69 / 70 mustang. http://www.maradynehp.com/products/mach/mm22ks.php

Edited by Alan_Mac