Sign in to follow this  
55Mach1

Entire electrical system is DEAD, need troubleshooting help

Ummm...the top center fuse taps gets their power from the ignition switch whenever the switch is in ACC or RUN position.

Yellow wire with green stripe? There is no wire like that. Do you mean the green wire with yellow stripe?

Yellow/green certainly does not go to the sport lamp switch plug. That plug has two lines: grey and black (although I have seen blue/red for black). Power for the sport lamp switch is the same as the PRNDL socket, and gets the power from the headlight switch. The grey wire goes outbound to the foglamps.

I will see if I can share the page from the colorized page I saw it on tomorrow when I'm back at my computer. I have a printout and I see my error. The plug I'm talking about is not the one at the switch. It appears to me this yellow with green feeds ignition switched power to the plug which has:

Green with yellow- goes out firewall plug

Grey- goes out firewall plug

Black- goes to PRNDL

I do have an unused 3 prong plug that is real close to the firewall plug. I figured it was for Sport Lamps so I paid it little attention since the light harness I have does not have the Sport Lamp plugs in it.

By the way, the page of the colorized download I'm looking at says 2-E16 in the bottom right corner.

Also, there is a footnote for the plug I'm looking at with a part number and this:

MOD. 63C ONLY

Unfortunately I wrote over part of the part number when I circled the plug.

It starts with d0zb-13a and ends with 4-a. I wrote over 2 of the characters. I will get the whole thing tomorrow.

The 297 wires do not interface with the sportslamps switch. The "dot" near the sportslamp simply indicates a splice point.

My bad earlier: Model 63C must be the fastback/Mach 1 configuration. The note indicates that this switch is only available for the Mach 1.

The 297 wires do not interface with the sportslamps switch. The "dot" near the sportslamp simply indicates a splice point.

My bad earlier: Model 63C must be the fastback/Mach 1 configuration. The note indicates that this switch is only available for the Mach 1.

No worries.

By the way...

The source of my problems was a bad ignition switch. The piece under the steering column shroud. "Hot wiring" the broken switch gives power to the other half of my fuses.

Now I'm off to scour this site for answers to why my mini starter will not spin, but does pop out. Probably wired it wrong or my battery needs a charge.