Sign in to follow this  
rchappelear

No directions included

So i bough a 69 mustang grill kit from CJ Pony Parts, but no instructions were included.

My body shop and i cannot figure out the supplied hardware vs the assembly blow out picture in my assembly book.

Can someone supply me with the proper way to install the big inside molding piece connected to the headlight bucket?

pictures speak a thousand words as well :)

the two out side inner moldings, the ones painted Argent, are held in place by two small plastic push nuts originally. At the top there is a stainless screw. Note in picture. The thin outside moldings are then put in place. This should all be done with the headlight buckets off the fenders, not yet mounted. It is so much easier and is how they did it. The center wide Argent painted molding is then put into place. It sits on top of the gravel shield. it is held in place with the thin long molding and stainless screws at the back. At the back corners they used a stud and nut. Note in the pictures. The stud is just like a typical clip you find on a Ford. it is like the rear valance stud without the steel clip. Hopefully the pictures will help.

100_1414_zpsadcb8ce0.jpg

037_1_zps037a9271.jpg

GetAttachment_zps73190472.jpg

KGrHqJh4E8J8KrgHBPNWehERnQ60_12_zps9dcb3318.jpg