Sign in to follow this  
Tgriffin91

PCV Valve Installation

Hi all,

I feel like this is a silly question but I can not for the life of me figure out how to get this PCV valve in. I pulled the head cover off thinking I could slide it in through the bottom, but there's a metal plate there. I tried putting it in through the top, but no luck. I am beginning to wonder if I got the right part. Also, the PCV elbow I bought does not fit on the PCV valve.

PCV valve is BWD

Elbow is Dorman HELP!

Head cover is Powered By Ford[ATTACH]14529[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14530[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14531[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14532[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14533[/ATTACH]

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thomas

1. The PCV goes into the grommet in the passenger side valve cover

2. Rubber hose with a shaped right angle bend goes onto the top of the PVC.

3. The other end of the PVC/Hose goes to a port on the carb spacer plate.

4. The hard plastic right angle adapter goes to the oil filler cap on the drivers side valve

cover.

Brian.

PCV valves and grommets come in different diameters. You need to match the diameter.

The hose attatchments on the PCV valve also come in different diameters. Cant tell for sure from the pics, but the hose you are using looks too big in diameter for a proper fit on the carb. (Assuming yours is the same size fitting as used by Holleys.. If not, disregard this statemtent).

You should be able to take your existing parts, grommet, valve, and hose, and have it matched up at a autoparts store. I ran into fitment issues when I just walked in a grabbed a valve thinking they were all the same.

Sounds like this is the problem. the original PCV valve I got was bad so I got this new one and now it doesn't fit. I'm guessing I was given the wrong part or something. I'll check the grommet size and go from there. Thank you all.

j69302- My PCV goes to the carb spacer. Only line on the back of my carb is for a brake booster, which I do not have on my car yet.