Sign in to follow this  
danno

Who wants right side remote rear view mirror?

I bought a set of exterior rear view mirrors from a 1972 Torino for my 1969 Mustang and decided I do not want them. Both sides mirror has a remote control, and will fit perfectly in the case of an existing 1969 or 1970 Mustang factory mirror housing. This is a very unique adaptation for a Mustang that works very well. You have to drill a few holes for cables, but it will work fine. You can have right side remote mirror in your Mustang.

The mirror housing mounting brackets for both sides will work on a 1969 or 1970 Mustang or Cougar, but they are not the same as a factory mirror. These are a little longer. The angle they mount at will work on a 69 Mustang.

So I got them on fleabay, if you are interested. Search for 1972 torino rear view mirror, and you should see the listing.

Sorry for the self promotion on this site, but I figure I am doing a service to someone who might want this??

In the Torino, it was under the dash on the right side of the steering wheel. In the Mustang, it would need to go under the wiper switch maybe? Maybe somewhere by the center console ash tray? Maybe in place of the ash tray? I would think the perfect location would be on the console in place of the ash tray, but it would require a custom mounting bracket? I have a console, and I was going to put it in place of the ash try, with the knob pointing up.