Sign in to follow this  
kevin31

Color opinion

Hi there!

I have a 69 SR real GT, under restoration.

Original color is Indian fire.

I am wondering if it will be nice to do a black hood, like the mach1...it will be more aggressive...my guess.

What do you think? :)

Hi there!

I have a 69 SR real GT, under restoration.

Original color is Indian fire.

I am wondering if it will be nice to do a black hood, like the mach1...it will be more aggressive...my guess.

What do you think? :)

I agree, this was the last year for the original GT and numbers were low compared to the ever growing and more popular models being intro'd.

It could always be added at a later date if you really feel it is missing something and you could always take a cue from the imports crowd and add one in vinyl applique instead of paint if you wanted to just try it temporarily or be able to have it removed and stock looking again without a repaint. Some purists would balk at that suggestion but in France you probably won't run across too many of them to give you a hard time.

I agree, this was the last year for the original GT and numbers were low compared to the ever growing and more popular models being intro'd.

It could always be added at a later date if you really feel it is missing something and you could always take a cue from the imports crowd and add one in vinyl applique instead of paint if you wanted to just try it temporarily or be able to have it removed and stock looking again without a repaint. Some purists would balk at that suggestion but in France you probably won't run across too many of them to give you a hard time.

Really, hunh, that's good to know. It seems the few pics I have seen of cars at shows in Europe get modified and updated into Touring cars.

In any case you aren't thinking of doing something that isn't period correct for your car even though not original so that usually buys you some slack from even the toughest critic.

Really, hunh, that's good to know. It seems the few pics I have seen of cars at shows in Europe get modified and updated into Touring cars.

In any case you aren't thinking of doing something that isn't period correct for your car even though not original so that usually buys you some slack from even the toughest critic.