Sign in to follow this  
bomccorkle

wheels and tires....

I'm sure this has been discussed to death but I just happened on a set of american racing villains for cheap so I snagged them up. from what I can tell they are about 6 3/32 back set. my question is this. I'd like to run the same size tires on all 4 corners so that I have the ability to rotate and I'd like my tires to be wide enough so that in the event the tire scrapes the curb and not the wheel so what size tire should I be shooting for??? also I believe that I had read that 4 1/2 back space was about optimal for an 8 inch wheel on our cars is this correct?? I plan to make my own spacers so even if it needs to be kind of a goofy thickness its no problem. any help or insight would be swell.

thanks guys

bo

I'm sure this has been discussed to death but I just happened on a set of american racing villains for cheap so I snagged them up. from what I can tell they are about 6 3/32 back set. my question is this. I'd like to run the same size tires on all 4 corners so that I have the ability to rotate and I'd like my tires to be wide enough so that in the event the tire scrapes the curb and not the wheel so what size tire should I be shooting for??? also I believe that I had read that 4 1/2 back space was about optimal for an 8 inch wheel on our cars is this correct?? I plan to make my own spacers so even if it needs to be kind of a goofy thickness its no problem. any help or insight would be swell.

thanks guys

bo