Sign in to follow this  
tommyjack

Turn Signal Headlight Switch

Turn signal/flashers don't work. Check grounds, cleaned terminals. Replaced the turn signal harness. Parking lights work. Tested for power at the plug that goes into the turn signal/parking lights. Found out not getting power to the turn signal terminal. So my question is, does the turn signal power run through the head light switch? All lights work ok including the dash lights. Switch is only about 2yrs old from Advanced. But seems like I read somewhere a lot of things run through the headlight switch.

Turn signals and four-way flashers are 2 separate circuits. There is a flasher module for each; the turn signals are switched through the ign switch, the four-ways are not. The original flashers are bimetallic and require a lot of current to work. A common cause of malfunctions is a lack of current caused by burnt out bulbs, broken wires, or bad grounds. Make sure the ground wires are good on both taillight buckets since the buckets are insulated from the chassis by big rubber gaskets. Good look with the troubleshooting, electrical gremlins can be tricky.

I would have to look at the schematic but I think you get power from the ingnition switch then to the fuse box through the flasher then to the turn signal switch then to bulbs .. Its been a while...anyone else?????