Sign in to follow this  
tmunn

70 mach 1 picture request.

I would like a picture of how the little trim piece that fits in the bottom corner of the 1/4 window .It is the small plastic piece that finishes off the end of the windlace and the large plastic arm rest piece.The piece i refer to has a small screw hole in it and mates with a hole in the bottom front of the sail panel.Here is the part.I am not there yet but would like to know if it sits on the plastic trim or under it and wether it fits over or butts on the windlace

Mustang Interior Quarter Trim Cap Pair Fastback 1969-1970 | CJ Pony Parts

1970 Mach 351C 4 speed Top loader .Older restoration which i am taking apart and making it right with improvements.

user_online.gifreport.gif edit.gif

Yes , that helps .it "looks like" the plastic piece is sitting on the top of the arm rest piece.I cannot tell if the windlace goes to the top of the small plastic trim or behind it.

I am putting it in my 70 since i already did the prep work.:thumbup1:

Thank you.

It should sit on top of the arm rest piece. It should cover the windlace behind this trim piece, otherwise you would notice the joint from the end of the windlace to this trim piece, and would look pretty goofy in my opinion. I don't have this trim on either of my cars, so I'm just going on what I've seen.